Archives of Annual Report of
ICI Journals Master List
Scientific journal database - the ICI Journals Master List – contains currently over 22,000 journals from all over the world. Registered journals undergo rigorous, multidimensional evaluation, proving high quality. Indexation in the ICI Journals Master List gives you international promotion and prestige which is crucial for raising citation levels. Journals which have passed a multidimensional parametrization receive the Index Copernicus Value (ICV) calculated for a given year.
This year's Index Copernicus evaluation methodology has undergone a significant change. It is based on many years of ICI experience gained from previous evaluations but also on the experience in conducting supporting activities for the Minister of Science and Higher Education. This year's evaluation is based on the experience gained over three years of implementation of the ICI Publishing Star concept.
Index Copernicus International experts have developed the ICI Publishing Stars model which allows the selection of key parameters which must be met by a scientific journal to effectively increase the citation indexes. The model is based on more than 12 years of experience in the evaluation of scientific journals and collaboration with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in the creation of journal list which began in 2011.
The Index Copernicus Value (ICV) is a measure of strength of a scientific journal - it tells us how fast a journal will achieve the target, i.e. increase the citation rate of the articles published. ICV is a sum of the points from the evaluation of two components:
- quality of scientific journal – the quality of a journal is measured based on the level of fulfilment of the criteria in specific functional areas of a scientific journal based on the IC Publishing Stars model,
- impact of scientific journal – determined on the basis of the citation rate of a journal and reflecting the extent to which the journal has been recognized in the scientific world and the dynamics of its impact.
Indexation in the ICI Journals Master List gives you advantages:
- The ICI methodology has always been open and our criteria are transparent. The information from the Detailed Report, along with methodology, allow you to clearly identify areas that need improvement in order to achieve better results in indexations and parameterizations.
- Thanks indexation in the international database ICI Journals Master List journals increase their coverage and improve their citation.
- It makes it easier to enlist new authors and reviewers.
For more information contact us.