ROMANIAN JOURNAL OF TECHNICAL SCIENCES - APPLIED MECHANICS publishes original papers of high scientific standard in Applied Mechanics, namely:
• Astronautics (optimisation of paths generation, computation of orbits or arcs of orbits, optimisation of interorbital transfer, synchronous orbits, astrorelativity, rarefied atmosphere flight, recovering in high density atmosphere, braking and interception of spatial vehicles).
• Aeronautics (aerodynamics, flight theory, aeroelasticity, aerodynamics of internal combustion engines, aerothermodynamics of jet engines).
• Fluid mechanics (dynamics of newtonian and of non-newtonian fluids, dynamics of compressible fluids, flow of miscible fluids, flow of fluids through porous media).
• Hydromechanics (hydraulics, hydraulic structures, hydraulic turbines and pumps).
• General mechanics (elasticity, plasticity, elastoplasticity, viscoelasticity, viscoplasticity, strength of materials, vibrations, stability).
• Mechanical engineering (kinematics and dynamics of mechanisms, friction, wear, lubrication, new methods for the analysis of machines, automation, study of surfaces, manufacturing).
• Civil engineering (methods for the static and dynamic analysis of structures, study of heterogeneous materials, soil mechanics and stability, new construction methods).
• Measurement technique (electronic equipment for measuring mechanical quantities, use of ultrasonics and radioisotopes in technique).